Santaquin City Public Works Garbage Department
Garbage cans are provided by Allied Waste for residential and commercial use. You should take your can to the street the night before your scheduled pickup.
The following guidelines should be followed to minimize problems with pickup:
- Make sure the can is facing forward with the handle facing away from the street.
- Don't place can within 8 feet of any vehicle, trailer, etc.
- If you have multiple cans, separate them by two-to-four feet.
- Don't overfill the can as garbage will fall out before the garbage can is dumped. You will be responsible to pick up any spilled garbage.
- All items in the can must be bagged to prevent spillage.
- Garbage placed around the can on the ground will not be picked up. The garbage truck will only pick up cans.
- Use caution when placing heavy items in the can. If the truck cannot lift it, you will need to find an alternate method of disposal.
Garbage Hot Links