Open Burn Guidelines 2017
Open Burn Period: March 30th to May 30th and Sept 15th to Oct 30th
- Permit Required; A permit must be obtained electronically from the Utah Division of Air Quality http://air.utah.gov/OpenBurning/form/index.php Upon completion, the electronic permit is automatically sent to Santaquin City Officials; No phone call to the City Offices are required. Your phone number on the permit is required
- No Burning of household trash/garbage/tires/plastics/coated wire/oils and other such waste.
- No Burning in hazardous areas that would threaten the forest, woods, shrubs, dry grasses or near the water-shed of our Wildland-Urban Interface.
- No Burning during periods of high winds, drought, posted fire restriction periods, or during Red-Flag warnings, etc.
- No Burning within 50’ of buildings and structures
- No Burning on poor air quality days - Check the National Weather Service's website or call the Utah Valley Dispatch Burn Line (801)374-2876
- Make Sure to only burn materials which are thoroughly dry and reasonably free of dirt.
- Make Sure to have adequate water supply on site or other means to extinguish and/or contain the fire from spreading
- Make Sure to create an adequate fuel break at a distance of 2.5 times the height of the fire
- Make Sure to notify your neighbors prior to burning
Make Sure That a Competent Person Attends to the Fire at All Times
ALL FIRES MUST BE COMPLETELY EXTINGUISHED BEFORE DARK OR BEFORE LEAVING THE FIRE AREA
Santaquin City encourages disposing of yard waste without the use of fire as a preferred method. Other means could include green waste dumps, compost, etc.
Please contact Santaquin Fire for more information: 801-754-1940 email@example.com
Open Burn Permit Application
Or Via telephone: 801-536-4000